We are looking for a skilled Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for our business. This is an integral position to ensure high-quality products can be produced profitably and delivered to customers in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will be proactive in researching & sourcing supplies, with a general understanding of manufacturing materials. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain good relationships.
The goal is to acquire supplies and services that are critical for the success of our business operations.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance to terms of contracts
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records
- Attend events, fairs, and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market’s trends
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office and purchasing software (Quickbooks)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Knowledge of metal material and misc. manufacturing hardware a plus
Collins Manufacturing Corp. is a world-renowned manufacturer of equipment for tow trucks, with its beginnings in 1972 (and a legacy many years beyond that).
We’re looking to team up with and help develop talent for a career in manufacturing. We’ve invested in advanced equipment and provide an environment to let creative and hard-working individuals showcase their abilities as part of a greater team effort. We want to grow, but we also want our customers to excel, our team to expand and our community thrive.
We invite you to reach out, get to know us, and apply to be a big part of the team. There are a lot of new developments in the works and more to be created.
Please send resume to [email protected]
Learn a little more about us: