There’s no question–owning your own business is fierce. For those hoping to expand their businesses, providing specialty towing services is a great way to attract new customers. Here are some of the opportunities you have to increase your towing customer base:
- Long Distance Towing. Many customers simply need help getting their vehicles from where they broke down on the road to a local repair shop. However, trends for long-distance towing show a greater demand as online sales of vehicles increase, and more Americans choose to invest in vacation properties or multi-state residential living.
- Fleet Vehicle Towing. Commercial businesses are continually seeking partnerships with reliable service companies to keep their fleet vehicles in good working order. These companies value towing services that will respond quickly and provide quality service to help them get their operations back on track fast.
- Limousine Towing. Limousines can range anywhere from 6 feet in length to 11 feet or more. Just like fleet vehicle owners, these companies are continually expanding partnerships with quality service providers. The size of these vehicles makes them challenging for typical towing companies to handle. Angles must be accurately accounted for when using a hitch, or tow companies must use an extra-long flatbed truck.
- Classic Car Towing. Owners can invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into their classic cars. For these customers, it’s even more important that the towing service must avoid scratching, denting, scuffing, or bending the classic car. Some exotic vehicles may be difficult to maneuver or secure sufficiently. While you may not need to invest in a great deal of specialized equipment for these vehicles, staff will need intensive training to perform these tows to the satisfaction of vehicle owners.
- RV’s and motorhomes. Depending on the type of motorhome, towing companies may need drop deck trailers, flatbed trucks, lowboy trailers, RGN trailers, or other specialized equipment. Vehicle height and cargo can make it challenging to balance the weight of the vehicle correctly. Creating business relationships with insurance agents, campground managers, and RV repair shops will help increase referral business for these services.
Better Equipment Can Make Every Tow Faster, Safer, and Easier
When you’re looking for investments to make providing service to customers easier and your team’s work safer, contact our team at Collins Dollies. Our Hi-Speed Dolly and Carrier Dolly systems are durable, secure, and easy to use and can help you increase your towing customer base Having the right equipment makes getting any vehicle out of a tricky situation simple and back on the road to repairs in no time. Contact Collins Dollies to learn more about our products today!