Did you know that a simple yet highly effective strategy for growing your business is using Google reviews? Google reviews are accessible to every business, and by optimizing the collection and promotion of reviews, you can increase your business substantially. If you’re looking for a new way to grow your towing business and gain more customers, you should be using Google reviews.
While several internet browsers are available for consumers to use, Google holds 90% of the search engine market share. You’ve likely used the word “Google” yourself as a verb to describe “looking something up on the internet.” For example, “Just Google the restaurant to see if it’s open today.” Today, most people worldwide use Google to search for everything from recipes to health advice and, of course, who to call when they need a towing service.
Because there are billions of websites on the world wide web, Google uses algorithms to decide how to populate the responses for a search inquiry. An algorithm is just a fancy word meaning “a set of rules the computer uses to decide what to do next.” For example, Google will automatically show results close to the user’s location. Another critical component of the algorithm is showing businesses with top review ratings.
Here’s how that works. When a customer in your area searches for “towing services” on Google, the search engine will show results based on the user’s location and the best-rated businesses (according to the ratings on Google Reviews.) The results will even provide a map to show the searcher how close each location is to them. Next, the consumer can quickly glance at numerical and narrative ratings provided by customers of the companies.
Why are Google Reviews important?
- They build trust. Today, there is a massive shift in consumerism wherein people want to know what other people think about the service they received before they decide on a company to do business with. Customers are more skeptical about advertising and promotional material–but they trust word of mouth. 88% of consumers searching for a business online say they value reading reviews before making a purchasing decision.
- They increase online exposure. The algorithms that Google uses change constantly, so there is no way for a business or a marketing firm to “trick out” listings to improve the odds they will be on the top of the result list. However, what has remained constant over time is the inclusion of Google Reviews as part of the criteria for getting a business towards the top of the list. Google says it’s not just a matter of getting a good score; they also consider how many reviews are provided, how consistently they are submitted (meaning not all in a small time frame), and how well-rounded and diverse the evaluations are.
- You learn what people care about. In order to grow your business, you need to know what your customers are looking for and find ways to exceed their expectations. By reading customer reviews, you learn a lot about what customers want and how well your business meets their needs.
What do you need to get Google Reviews?
First, you need a Google business profile. Any business that does a limited amount of in-person interaction can have a business profile on Google.
Next, you need to encourage your customers to leave reviews. Avoid marketing schemes for buying reviews because Google can detect fake reviews and penalize you with lowered search engine ranking. Instead, consider the variety of ways you can motivate your customers to post:
- Put a sign at your front counter inviting online reviews.
- Add a link to your email invoices and receipts.
- Ask for reviews and include a link on your website.
- Verbally ask people to rate you on Google.
- Put a sticker requesting feedback on your tow trucks.
You’ll get plenty of great reviews when you use top-of-the-line towing equipment.
Of course, another great way to expand your business is by building a reputation for having the best equipment for getting cars and trucks out of tough spots with ease. If you haven’t checked out Collins’s Hi-Speed DollyⓇ and Carrier Dolly systems, you’re missing out on valuable business opportunities.
These systems are lightweight, so your employees can easily transport them from their trucks to the customers’ vehicles. Our safety ratchet systems protect the employees and the vehicles from injury or damage from unexpected drops. Tow drivers find our equipment simple to install and easy to use, and customers appreciate how well the equipment protects their vehicles.
Collins has been an industry leader in the towing equipment industry for over 45 years. Our Hi-SpeedⓇ Dolly and Carrier Dolly systems provide towing professionals with lightweight solutions durable enough to get even large vehicles out of challenging situations and transport them safely wherever they need to go. Our products are designed with safety first to keep your employees safe while attaching and moving vehicles. Visit our website or give us a call to learn more about our products.