Attracting customers to a towing business is an interesting challenge since many people don’t think about towing companies until they have a need. Marketing to prospective customers means making your business stand out from the competition as people search for services–often while distraught from being stranded or after an accident. If you’re struggling with marketing your towing business, here are some tips to give customers a reason to choose you.
Five Tips for Marketing Your Towing Business
- Brand your fleet of towing vehicles. People remember colors, words, and themes they see routinely. If you give your towing vehicles a unique look, people are more likely to remember your company when they are searching for a towing company. At the same time, it’s essential to keep your branded vehicles clean and in good operating condition. Prospective customers will evaluate your business based on how your vehicles look long before they ever need to call you.
- Make it easy for customers to find you. Work with a marketing agency to ensure your towing website meets the current standards to be listed toward the top of search results for popular internet search sites such as Google. Once they pull up your website, your contact information should be instantly apparent. People in stressful conditions will not search your website for a phone number. Instead, ensure it is one of the first pieces of information people see on your website.
- Adopt easy technology to request service. Speaking of making your website easy to find, another great idea is to implement technology to make it even easier for a customer to request help from your company. Instant dispatching technology makes it simple for customers to request help by clicking a button and entering minimal information. Not only does this reduce your office staff’s workload, but your customers will also love the convenience of not waiting on hold or talking with an employee.
- Partner with local businesses for parking lot services. Many companies appreciate having a company to call to remove vehicles illegally parked on their property. Part of this agreement includes installing one or more signs in the parking lot and giving your company permission to remove parked vehicles that shouldn’t be there. While it doesn’t seem like this would send customers your way, it’s another excellent way to get your name in front of customers to increase name recognition when they need help on the side of the road.
- Encourage positive online reviews. Include notes on your invoices or hand out small business card-sized reminders for customers to leave an evaluation of your services on Google, Yelp, or other popular business search site. Customers use these sites to find towing services quickly and often make their decision based on the companies’ reviews.
We make great equipment for Towing Companies because we care about your business.
We have a history of working with our customer companies to help them succeed. While you’re focused on running your business, allow our pros at Collins Manufacturing to introduce you to top-of-the-line towing equipment your employees and customers will love. Our Collins Manufacturing’s Hi-SpeedⓇ Dolly and Carrier Dolly systems are easy, safe to operate, light to transport, and durable to handle the toughest towing jobs. By providing our towing solutions for your employees, you’ll make their lives easier and see their job satisfaction grow.
Collins has been an industry leader in towing equipment for over 45 years. Our Hi-SpeedⓇ Dolly and Carrier Dolly systems provide towing professionals with lightweight solutions durable enough to get even large vehicles out of challenging situations and transport them safely wherever they need to go. Our products are designed with safety first to keep your employees safe while attaching and moving vehicles. Visit our website or give us a call to learn more about our products.